CPG Agency is seeking a smart, collaborative strategist to join our team. The selected candidate will come from the experience/events industry (B-to-B or B-to-C) and have an expansive outlook, avid curiosity and strong problem-solving skills. We’re looking for stellar pitch skills and the ability to lead a team to produce award-winning creative solutions in the arena of business experiences including large-scale business meetings and events.
We’re looking for someone with the ability to listen to a client’s objectives, desires and needs and craft strategies and experiential solutions to satisfy them. This could include reimagining an event’s agenda, crafting a compelling opening module or supporting C-suite presenters in developing effective presentations. We want someone who’s worked on hundreds of business meetings and still brings a fresh take on how to execute messaging, venue branding, scenic, entertainment, and pre/post event communication.
This person is also a key individual contributor to overall results by delivering compelling presentations to win new business. Superb communication, business acumen and collaboration skills are required since the Creative Strategist works with the Sales/Marketing and Experience teams to understand assignments, develop a strategic response and then subsequently manage a team of internal and external resources to meet project goals by providing direction and monitoring progress.
This position requires a blend of the following responsibilities and skills:
- Conceptualize and guide strategic and creative solutions that effectively communicate the objectives for client accounts
- Develop leading-edge experiential and engagement programs and design concepts that meet the client’s business objectives
- Improve the overall quality of the agency’s creative output, measured by client satisfaction and award-winning work across all media types (meetings and events, video, digital, etc.)
- Be recognized and utilized as a creative leader within the agency and by our clients
- Work with creative team to ensure that CPG provides the proper environment and necessary resources to consistently deliver a superior creative product while operating efficiently in a fast-paced setting
PROPOSAL DEVELOPMENT AND PRESENTING
- Actively participate in the sales process resulting in measurable revenue growth
- Lead proposal concepting and strategy efforts
- Direct and review proposal design and production efforts
- Deliver highly effective presentations for new business and project meetings with existing clients
IDEATION / BRAINSTORMING
- Lead team brainstorming and creative sessions
- Champion creative innovation and creative excellence at CPG
- Help develop innovative new concepts and products for the agency
RESEARCH / NEW TECHNOLOGY
- Stay abreast of current trends and developments in creative and visual technology relating to events and engagement
- Search for ways to integrate new technology platforms, software and techniques into CPG’s creative deliverables
The core skills, abilities and knowledge key to success in this position include:
- High standards of quality, efficiency and effectiveness (high performance)
- High-level strategic thinking ability
- Broad integrated experience including B2B and B2C live meetings/experiential, engagement and digital media
- Experience working with high-profile Fortune 500 global clients including the C suite
- Proven ability to deliver persuasive, articulate presentations
- Ability to supervise and provide clear direction to creative team
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal personnel, outside clients and vendors
- Adaptability, flexibility and problem solving
- Confidence, positivity and imperviousness
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, under tight deadlines
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours (10-15% travel)
This is a full-time salaried position. Our downtown STL office currently operates on a hybrid schedule with three days in office and two days WFH. Preference will be given to St. Louis-based candidates or those open to relocation, but remote candidates will be considered. Apply HERE
CPG Agency is a highly regarded experiential agency with an outstanding portfolio of Fortune 500 accounts including Southwest Airlines, Ulta Beauty, AB InBev, Carnival Corporation, Jimmy John’s and many others. We help our clients succeed in all areas of the employee and franchisee lifecycle: recruitment, onboarding, training, recognition and celebration. In our 37th year, CPG creates award-winning work in an environment of collaboration, strategic thinking and growth.
CPG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.