CPG Agency is seeking an experienced strategic business meeting Producer to join our team. The successful candidate should have 5+ years of experience producing large-scale events and experiential projects. We’re looking for business acumen, project management and strategic creative skills, along with the ability to lead and motivate a team to execute award-winning experiences.
The Executive Producer is responsible for the success of our largest projects, leading the project team in creating and managing all aspects of the experience, including event strategy and messaging. Broad knowledge of event production is required, including scenic, video, entertainment and pre/post event communication. Strong negotiation and communication skills are a must.
A CPG Producer is typically stronger in the strategic, content and messaging aspects of the role rather than the technical facets of an event as our projects are supported by technical directors and technical project managers. We’re focused on a producer’s ability to support an executive in developing their content and crafting their message, rather than their knowledge of lighting or rigging. A background in corporate communications, journalism or other verbal-focused work is helpful.
As the side-by-side partner to our clients, the successful Producer will bring strong skills in listening and diplomacy.
This position requires a blend of the following responsibilities and skills:
- Produce our largest projects working independently or leading a large production team
- Oversee development of all aspects of a project from design through delivery, serving as liaison between agency and clients
- Develop and manage project schedules and budgets, ensuring that solutions are delivered within targets
- Work collaboratively with internal team members including Creative Directors, Associate Producers, Account Directors, Graphic Designers, and others.
- Work with creative team on development of show strategies focused on content and theming and implementation of show strategy throughout creative elements
- Support clients in developing key deliverables including show flow, story arcs, speeches, presentations, etc.
- Ensure creative deliverables meet client expectations
- Lead onsite implementation, responsible for successful execution of program
- Manage production crew, vendors, venue, and clients as appropriate
- Coach senior-level executives in developing and delivering successful presentations
- Select and manage internal and external (vendor) resources
- Ensure all project financial paperwork is completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Mentor junior Producers and Associate Producers
The core skills, abilities, and knowledge key to success in this position include:
- Significant experience working with high-level clients including Fortune 500 C-level executives
- Success in managing seven-figure budgets
- Proficient in prioritizing tasks and reacting to changes while remaining on schedule
- Confidence and positivity
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to travel (15-40% depending on time of year)
- Above average organizational and problem-solving skills
This is a full-time salaried position. Our downtown STL office currently operates on a hybrid schedule with three days in office and two days WFH. Remote candidates will be considered. Apply HERE
CPG Agency is a highly regarded experiential agency with an outstanding portfolio of Fortune 500 accounts including Southwest Airlines, Ulta Beauty, AB InBev, Carnival Corporation, Jimmy John’s and many others. We help our clients succeed in all areas of the employee and franchisee lifecycle: recruitment, onboarding, training, recognition and celebration. In our 37th year, CPG creates award-winning work in an environment of collaboration, strategic thinking and growth.
CPG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.