CPG Agency is seeking a player/coach to lead our sales and marketing team. The selected candidate will ideally come from the experience/events industry (B-to-B or B-to-C) and have a growth mindset, the ability to motivate a team to success, strong closing skills and a strategic approach. We’re looking for a proven winner.
As leader of the team, the Vice President of Sales and Marketing develops the strategic sales and marketing plans that allow the company to meet or exceed revenue targets. This person is also a key individual contributor to overall results by pursuing and winning new business through effective business development efforts and delivering compelling presentations.
Superb communication and collaboration skills are required since the Vice President of Sales and Marketing works with other teams to identify targets and opportunities and help develop the agency’s response. This position also oversees the company’s market positioning and is charged with ensuring that the sales and marketing team meets all goals by providing direction and monitoring progress.
As part of the Nitrous Effect, a collective of agencies, this role also scans for opportunities to present Nitrous Effect capabilities to prospects and existing clients and acts as the new business liaison representing CPG to Nitrous Effect.
This position is a member of the CPG Leadership Team and reports to the President.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Success in this position requires a blend of the following roles and responsibilities:
New Business Development
- Develop new sales opportunities as an individual and as a sales team to meet company annual goals
- Develop annual sales and marketing plan in support of organization strategy and objectives
- Ensure marketing communications are coordinated, support sales plan objectives and meet organizational expenditure requirements
- Direct implementation and execution of sales policies and practices
- Provide accurate and detailed communications, pipeline, and financial forecast of identified and proposed opportunities
- Recommend sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analyses
- Research, identify, qualify, and develop large new transformational opportunities with new target prospects (primary focus on CPG but secondary focus on other Nitrous Effect agency opportunities)
- Acquire knowledge of emerging selling solutions, technologies, and strategies
- Persuasively deliver dynamic and convincing presentations, resulting in loyal, profitable relationships and ongoing sales
- Develop, maintain, and manage C-suite and executive client relationships to gain strategic positioning with decision makers
Leadership / People Management
- Serve as Sales and Marketing Team leader
- Recruit, onboard and develop the creative talent necessary to achieve CPG’s vision and goals
- Drive training of best practices across sales and marketing disciplines
- Nurture agency culture through positivity, integrity, clarity and transparent communication
- Participate in company leadership team, setting company direction and strategic planning
The core skills, abilities, and knowledge key to success in this position include:
- 7+ years exceptional track record in sales
- Broad integrated agency experience (B-to-B or B-to-C including events, digital and engagement)
- Experience in sales/marketing leadership role including strategic planning, supervision of and direction to team members
- Ability to drive sales enablement and design/manage a sales and marketing technology stack with proven results
- Experience working on high-profile Fortune 500 global clients
- Proven ability to give persuasive, articulate presentations
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal personnel and outside clients
- High standards of quality, efficiency and effectiveness (high performance)
- High level strategic thinking ability
- Adaptability, flexibility and problem solving
- Confidence, positivity and tenacity
- Excellent communication skills (oral and writing)
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment, under tight deadlines
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, marketing or related field
This is a full-time position with base salary and commission plan. Our downtown STL office operates on a hybrid schedule with three days in office and 2 days WFH.
CPG Agency is a highly regarded experiential agency with an outstanding portfolio of Fortune 500 accounts including Southwest Airlines, Ulta Beauty, AB InBev, Carnival Corporation, Jimmy John’s and many others. We help our clients succeed in all areas of the employee and franchisee lifecycle: recruitment, onboarding, training, recognition and celebration. In our 37th year, CPG creates award-winning work in an environment of collaboration, strategic thinking and growth.
If you’re interested in growing with us, please submit your resume and cover letter HERE (yep, we still want a cover letter – sell us on YOU!). CPG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.