The Business Development Manager is responsible for driving new business sales. This person is a HUNTER and a CLOSER; a key individual contributor to overall results by pursuing and winning new business through effective business development efforts and delivering highly effective presentations to position CPG favorably both financially and in the marketplace. Remote opportunity also available.
This position is part of the Sales and Marketing team and reports to the Chief Revenue Officer.
- Meet and exceed sales goals established by Chief Revenue Officer
- Deliver compelling, benefit-focused presentations tailored to each client; ensure submissions stand out from the pack
- Identify and manage the creation and development of presentation materials and room theater
- Lead the development, customization and delivery of RFP and RFI responses
- Develop a fluent knowledge of CPG’s best case studies, capabilities and products to help position CPG as best-in-class
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment, under tight deadlines
Skills and Qualifications
- Thorough knowledge of leading integrated new business efforts, including proactive targeting, RFI/RFP response and financial negotiations
- Demonstrated business acumen with experience providing strategic advice and counsel to secure new business
- Analytical with a strong, data-informed and strategic point of view
- Highly organized, results-oriented and driven
- Superior listening, writing, editing and verbal presentation skills with the ability to influence
- Collaborative style and engaging interpersonal skills
- High standards of quality, efficiency and effectiveness (high performance)
- Ability to manage client expectations
- Strong networking capabilities
- Provide accurate and detailed communications, pipeline and financial forecast within Salesforce
- Knowledge of emerging solutions, technologies, platforms (LinkedIn, Salesforce, etc.) and selling strategies
- Strong ability to present in a public forum and tell a compelling story
- Keen eye for detail and a creative flair for presentations
- Impeccable communicator; able to be clear and concise through phone calls and email communication with people of different levels in an organization (including executive leadership, c-suite)
- Entrepreneurial, driven and proactive
- Passion to grow a business and fire to hunt for the next new business WIN
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Work Experience: 5-7 years of proven new business development experience including a role in a consultancy or agency environment
If you’re passionate about doing great work (while having fun) every day, we want to meet you. Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter at CPG Job.
No submissions will be considered without a cover letter.
No phone inquiries accepted. Equal Opportunity Employer